Rumors and Hearsay!
There is a rumor I just read on the front page of ESPN.com (no link due to their insane East coast bias....Yanks, Sox, Eagles, blargh!). It says that JC Romero wants out of of Minnesota. Its a shame I cannot read the article without a friggen ESPN insider subscription.
Since I do not know why he wants out I can only speculate. It is probably due to the fact that he is stuck as a left handed reliever. He isn't starting and isn't closing. It could also be conflicts within the organization and himself. I don't know.
If this is true, I am going to assume it has been an issue for a while. An issue well before the trade deadline. I then ask why didn't we trade him for a bat? I was a person upset that he was in trade rumors because we do not have another left hander to fill his spot in the bullpen. Terry Mulholland doesn't count since he only pitches batting practice to the opposing team due to the compromising pictures he has of Gardy. Back to the point.... Romero should have been moved if this was a legitimate concern.
Then again, not every player is T.O. and becomes a ginormous distraction when he is upset. JC should be careful though. He doesn't want to become the next Chuck Knoblauch. Dollar-Dog day might just be cancelled all together!
I just hope JC is not too upset about the situation and this is just an overblown news report. If it isn't, something may need to be done in the offseason.
Since I do not know why he wants out I can only speculate. It is probably due to the fact that he is stuck as a left handed reliever. He isn't starting and isn't closing. It could also be conflicts within the organization and himself. I don't know.
If this is true, I am going to assume it has been an issue for a while. An issue well before the trade deadline. I then ask why didn't we trade him for a bat? I was a person upset that he was in trade rumors because we do not have another left hander to fill his spot in the bullpen. Terry Mulholland doesn't count since he only pitches batting practice to the opposing team due to the compromising pictures he has of Gardy. Back to the point.... Romero should have been moved if this was a legitimate concern.
Then again, not every player is T.O. and becomes a ginormous distraction when he is upset. JC should be careful though. He doesn't want to become the next Chuck Knoblauch. Dollar-Dog day might just be cancelled all together!
I just hope JC is not too upset about the situation and this is just an overblown news report. If it isn't, something may need to be done in the offseason.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home