Twins WIN! Twins WIN!
May 4, 2005
YES! The Twins pulled out the biggest victory of the season today. I didn't think they had it in them, but with this, I have a feeling today we may have finally turned the corner. It was just one of those wins that was more than the sum of it's parts. We gave it 110% and got the win we needed. Don't mind the score, the Twins won today.
That is right, the Twins rid their 25 man roster of Corky Miller! We are calling up Tiffee too, so this is definitely a win-win situation for us. I know the Twins are eternally worried about Joe Mauer getting hurt, but to carry 4 catchers was insane. It cost us Mike Restovich, but at least it wont cost us any more free at bats. I am of course referring to Corky and his 1-51 hitting since the start of 2004. Yea that's right, 1 hit in 51 at bats. I know, it doesn't sound real does it? Holler for TwinsbyTim for that incredible stat by the way. Now we will have more than one legitimate option off of the bench and provide us more depth with our middle infield. Cuddyer could move around when Tiffee gets to play. This would provide a bat in the middle infield. Boy am I glad Corky is gone.
By the way, we really could have used Rincon in the 9th tonight.
| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | R | H | E | ||
Cleveland | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 5 | 13 | 1 | |
Minnesota | 0 | 1 | 3 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 4 | 13 | 0 |
YES! The Twins pulled out the biggest victory of the season today. I didn't think they had it in them, but with this, I have a feeling today we may have finally turned the corner. It was just one of those wins that was more than the sum of it's parts. We gave it 110% and got the win we needed. Don't mind the score, the Twins won today.
That is right, the Twins rid their 25 man roster of Corky Miller! We are calling up Tiffee too, so this is definitely a win-win situation for us. I know the Twins are eternally worried about Joe Mauer getting hurt, but to carry 4 catchers was insane. It cost us Mike Restovich, but at least it wont cost us any more free at bats. I am of course referring to Corky and his 1-51 hitting since the start of 2004. Yea that's right, 1 hit in 51 at bats. I know, it doesn't sound real does it? Holler for TwinsbyTim for that incredible stat by the way. Now we will have more than one legitimate option off of the bench and provide us more depth with our middle infield. Cuddyer could move around when Tiffee gets to play. This would provide a bat in the middle infield. Boy am I glad Corky is gone.
By the way, we really could have used Rincon in the 9th tonight.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home